Monday, June 23, 2008

To the stars...

This saturday I gave a jewelry making class to a bunch of lovely ladies. It started in the morning, and lasted till well after dark. That's how into it we all got.

So, walking back out to my car in the dark with 45, maybe 50lbs of stones/supplies made my host's husband take pity on me, and he walked me out to my car, and helped carry the stuff. The lesson was given in the mountains of norther jersey, and I remarked on how nice the stars were here compared to how they looked across the river from manhattan.

And he proved to know a lot about astrology. In fact, he holds the key to a mine there in northern jersey where they host star gazing with telescopes and such.

He taught me a handful of stars I could point to and ask about, and told me he'd email me the dates of the next star gazing. I'll study up ahead of time and when the star gazing night arrives I'll be able to pick a bunch out! (hopefully)

0 comments: