Thursday, December 25, 2008

This plant stuff...

Dan's family went yet again to this list and picked out that I want to continue growing my herb garden and so I was bought a lovely little kit with 5 different herbs. The ones that I've got growing so far: Parsley, Basil, and chives. The basil I pick often enough to start drying my own and using in recipes. The other stuff grows but needs help.

This also goes for the orchids. The flowers don't last long, but the plants themselves are fine. I think I need more sunlight. There are only a couple spots in the house that get any light at all, and we can't even keep the blinds open because we're the 1st floor on a semi-busy street. I'm going to invest in UV lamps and put them up all around so I can diversify my plant locations and help them flourish some more.

0 comments: