Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The movies!


A few days ago, Dan and I went out and got to see Coraline. We were hearing some pretty good things about it, and we intended to see it anyway considering how many people were saying it was very 'Changeling'. How can we pass that up?

Well we went and saw it and just daymn. It was amazing! I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. Also, pretty creeped out for a lot of it, which I believe was the point. Also at multiple points in the movie Dan and I couldn't help say to each other, is this really a kids' movie? How do they get away with this? And not just on the basis of it being totally frightening for kids, but some other kind of riske parts in it. All in good humor of course, but you have to wonder. Its another one of those films that isn't REALLY for the kids.

Also I'm thinking that yes, Geiman HAD to have drawn inspiration from the Changeling somehow. It epitomizes changeling like crazy. And its excellent.

0 comments: