Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Community Service

I'm going to claim 3 hours of community service.

I accepted a letter from this program the post office does where underprivileged children write letters to santa, and they give them to people to get what the children asked for in the letters. I did this for two boys.

Now shopping is one thing.

Shopping in Toys R Us in fuckin' Time Square like 8 days before Christmas. That's work. I'm not even counting how much money I spent on them. I mean it was still nice to see the inside of this store. The infamous toys R us with a ferris wheel that spins inside through the top two floors, and an animatronic T-Rex. I was more pleasantly surprised by a the sight on the third floor when you get to the top of the escalator. A life sized Mac Truck falling on you, but its being suspended in mid air by Superman. Ah, it made my whole week. Quite uplifting in the midst of screaming babies, crying children, a couple thousand frustrated new yorkers and/or tourists standing in line.

0 comments: