Friday, December 12, 2008

One Movie a Month

Crap, did I not see a movie in November? I suck.

Well I saw one this month. It was a spur of the moment decision cuz Dan and I were already out for lunch and the theater was right there. We couldn't decide between the Day The Earth Stood Still or Twilight. Let's see... 16 year old romance, or aliens incarnating in human form to save the planet earth from our species... well I've kinda been there done that on both accounts. But Twilight added vampires into the mix so we went to that one.

I'm also always interested to see how writers and directors do when making books into movies. I think they did a very decent job. They totally put off their first kiss to a much later part in the story which nearly KILLED ME. Twilight books are notorious for cutting out when there's SUPPOSED to be action. So when I thought they were skipping it... Otherwise, it really wasn't bad at all. I mean, VERY teen romance but had some good action. I wasn't entirely impressed with the cinematography. But omg I'm a sucker for Jacob.

(SPOILER ALERT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED)

I'm interested to see the whole werewolf aspect of it, but I'm afraid they're gonna make the effects kind of corny. Dunno. ... omg jacob is such a little cutie I wanna pinch his cheeks and throw him an emo bone!

0 comments: